Glee: The Next Generation has been renewed for a third season and fourth season by JamesonOTP and will start sometime after Season 2 comes to an end. Not a whole lot has been made known, however this article is comprised of all the things we do know.
Season 3 marks the start of Senior year for most of New Directions, so in order to give proper focus to the characters and stories, The Senior Year Arc will be broken up into two parts. The first half will encompass Season 3. The second half will encompass Season 4.
This allows for more solos, more character development, more major storylines, and also gives us plenty of chances to work in episodes for all major holidays. Season 3 will have a Halloween episode and a Christmas episode. Season 4 will have a New Year's Eve and Valentine's episode. But don't expect a New Year's Eve episode like the two in the past. Alcohol will not be a major focus and instead it will deal with New Directions finding other things to do instead.
Quite a few characters will not be returning. Here's a list of characters confirmed to be returning.
- Jaxon Pierce
- Lana Addison
- Miles Larson
- Bella James
- James Holland
- Hallie Grace
- Evan Marx
- Honey Berry
- Rose Wilson
- Kevin Rhodes
- Aldy Williams (Returns in Episode 4)
- Taylor Atkinson
- Lucas Aguirre
- Nicole Martin
- Adam Gray
- Ana Watson
- Claude Montague
- Reece Montgomery
- Chuck Salvatore
- Dillon Cregger
Despite early reports to the contrary, Natasha Leonard WILL be returning for Season 3 and will be bumped up to a recurring role. She will remain in New Directions.
Characters Not Returning Or Returning In Limited CapacityEdit
Here's a list of characters confirmed to not be returning or returning in smaller roles (possibly guest star only).
- Chastity Vega (NOT RETURNNING)
- Breezy Hollister (NOT RETURNING)
- Declan Pierce (RETURNING AS GUEST STAR ONLY)
- Xander "X" Davis (NOT RETURNING)
- Wyatt Addison (RETURNING AS A GUEST STAR)
- Samantha Walker (NOT RETURNING)
- Karina Vincent (RETURNING AS GUEST STAR ONLY)
- Jennifer Delacourt (NOT RETURNING)
- Scarlet Wolfe (NOT RETURNING)
- Chris Winters (BACK FOR 1-2 EPISODES AND THEN WILL NOT RETURN)
- Spider Reed (NOT RETURNING)
- Archie Carmichael (RETURNS IN REDUCED ROLE, MUCH LIKE SEASON 2)
- Aaron Broadbent (RETURNING AS GUEST STAR ONLY)
- Chad Riker-Smith (NOT RETURNING)
- New Directions will loose two members and gain a new member
- The member will be Claude Montague
- Miles, Bella, Lana, Hallie, Jaxon, and James will all be the main focuses of Season 3
- Other characters roles will also increase
- Dillon will be stepping down as lead because of the strain it puts on his relationship with Nicole
- Chuck will be the new lead singer
- Chuck will get a new love interest
Rival Show ChoirsEdit
- Vocal Adrenaline will have a new Director
- It will be Archie
- Archie and Aaron will be in a relationship
- Vocal Adrenaline will get a new lead named Riley Cabrera
- The Holly Rollers will not return
- Aural Intensity will appear this season, lead by Nicole's arch nemesis from Summer Love
Possible Ideas for Seasons 3 and 4Edit
Theme Episodes and Tribute EpisodesEdit
1. Back to the 80'sEdit
New Directions takes on the 80's again.
2. Totally 90's*Edit
New Directions does a 90's tribute.
6. The Magic of DisneyEdit
New Directions does Disney again.
New Directions pays tribute to musical icon, Amy Winehouse.
8. Bad Reputation II*Edit
New Directions tries to once again breathe life into songs with a bad reputation.
*Tentative title; may be subject to change **Possibly canceled in favor of a different tribute
|Episode Number||Episode Title||Released||Notes|
|1||Days of Glory||TBA May 2012||Season Premiere|
|2||Magic||TBA June 2012||Songs with "Magic" in the title|
|3||We Made It||TBA June 2012||Episode made by the readers|
|4||Strength||TBA June 2012||Miles learns the true meaning of strength|
|5||Young Forever||TBA June 2012||New Directions pys tribute to Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded Album|
|6||Night Out||TBA July 2012||New Directions takes a night to just enjoy life but discovers a dark secret about a former adversary|
|7||Auditions||TBA July 2012||Beginning of the school music storyline|
|8||Ghost||TBA July 2012||New Directions and friends spends Halloween night in a "haunted" mansion|
|9||Self Esteem||TBA July 2012||Miles and New Directions struggle with self esteem issues|
|10||High School Musical||TBA August 2012||McKinley puts on it's yearly musical|
|11||Show Choir Showdown||TBA August 2012||New Directions prepares for Sectionals by hosting a friendly skirmish with the Warblers and Vocal Adrenaline|
|12||Freaky Monday||TBA August 2012||New Directions must spend the week as one another|
|13||Sectionals||TBA August 2012||New Directions prepares for Sectionals|
|14||Untitled Christmas Episode||
TBA September 2012
|New Directions organizes a Christmas event to raise money for charity and give Christmas to the needy|
|15||God Is A DJ||TBA September 2012||Tribute to P!nk|
|16||Face Down||TBA||New Directions rallies around own of their own when it becomes evident they are involved in an abusive relationship.|
|17||Idol Worship||TBA||New Directions pays tribute to their idols|
|18||One Hit Wonders||TBA||New Directions tackles songs that were one hit wonders|
|21||Amy||TBA||New Directions pay tribute to Amy Winehouse|
|22||Untitled Regionals Episode||TBA|